• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Laurie711

What is the name of your state? Romulus Michigan
A Director( MARY KAY ) and I had a VERBAL agreement on Bridal Names and that i would pay for the names i received each month.. THe agreement was they were to be in my area.. I did pay her for the first six month then the names were so far out of my area i had advised her that i didnt want to participate in the names anymore she continued to send them to me.. Now she wants her money and is taking me to small claims court to get it..In the amount of $75.00 +c/cost. Does she have legal action against me ? IS she tring to scare me? This was a verbal agreement again and let me remind you I didnt agree to the last 6 months of this , however she still sent the names and i paid her for 2 months and stop paying her due to the names were not in my area as WE AGREEDED ON!!!What should i do. go to court , fight it or pay it?
Please advise,
time running out

djohnson

What you do is basically going to be up to you and what is important. The money, the time, or the principle of it. If you have not broken the contract and they did, then you would probably prevail. How long was this to go on per the verbal contract?

Last edited:
L

Laurie711

the agreement took place in 2001 and it was 6 months agreement whichi paid her for the first six months and then spoke to her and told her i wanted names in my area or i didnt want to do it anymore.. well she said ok and the first few names (monthly) i still didnt get my area ..and mind you i have all the orginal paperwork.. and then i called her up said i didnt want to particiapte anymore and she told me i was bound and agreeed to her for the 6 months again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. so i just didnt pay her and she continued to send me names and such but i never paid her and the names she sent me were not in my area yet.. soo agan it happened in 10-200o to 9-2001 .. does she have the upper hand onme and am i wrong.. because i didnt pay her ?:mad: :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">