• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal contract to switch wheels and add cash not carried out...please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legalnoob

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Well, I have a friend that I agreed to switch my wheels for his wheels + cash on top of it. We swapped the wheels and then he took off for the day (he told me he'd pay me later). Well, about a month has passed by and he is ignoring me and hasn't paid me a dime. At first he told me that he would trade me back my wheels because he actually didn't have the money and then later told me that he would pay me on a certain date (which did not happen).

What I have. A verbal agreement (nothing written). Texts of him saying he'll swap back, and then of him saying he'll pay (with the amount stated). Also, we had mutual friends over when I swapped the wheels (can they act as witnesses? I didn't make them aware of the exact deal or cash amount, but they saw the exchange take place). I still have his old wheels on my car. What are my options here?

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">