• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal contract/Text messages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Edward2015

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

Long story short, my ex-girlfriend has a business and she was helping me open my own. I gave her about 5,700 dollars to buy merchandise for my new shop. She ran off with the money and opened up the same exact business I was working on, using my money and all the info and vendors I had.

There were verbal contracts broken of course and several text messages of her saying she was going to return my money. Also, several texts about her not actually returning it.

I ended up opening the shop anyway with 5,700 less in my account and her new competing business less than a mile away.

I don't know were to begin as I have never been in this situation before and hope to God I never am in it again.

Please help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm sorry to hear that.

When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">