• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal loan with proof of payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blackcat523

What is the name of your state? IL

I lent my friend money thru Paypal to help her out with her kids because her soon to be ex refulsed to give her any money for groceries and refused to let her have access to the bank aco****. Now they are getting divorced. The total over the last few years totals over $2500.00. They live in NY. Is there any legal recourse I can take to get my money back from him since they are now getting divorced?

JETX

Is there any legal recourse I can take to get my money back from him since they are now getting divorced?
From HIM??? No. If you have a valid loan claim at all, it would be against your 'friend' (the person who actually GOT your money).
And to pursue that claim... you have to go to HER home county to file your suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">