• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violet dawn

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I won a small claims case by default. He filed to have it dismissed. He had an attorney at the dismissal court date. I represented myself. The attorney asked me before court started if I wanted to dismiss the case & go to trial. I declined. The dismissal was denied.
Does the business owner have other recourses to get out of this? Can I expect to go to trial next?
Also, I am trying to collect. It's against a man & his business. The vehicle he uses is in someone elses name. I don't know a bank acct. #. What else can I levy?

Last edited:

racer72

Go to your local big box book seller and in the legal section you will find a book by Nolo Press on small claims for your state. It will explain in detail what you need to do to collect on your judgment. It will cover everything from asset inquirees, how to find bank accounts and other method of collecting your judgment. In many states you can add the cost of the book as an expense and include it in your judgment.

JETX

violet dawn said:
Does the business owner have other recourses to get out of this?
No one can answer that without knowing all the facts about 'this'.

Can I expect to go to trial next?
HUH??? Your post says you already had a 'trial' (hearing) and apparently a hearing on the motion to dismiss.
You don't give any timeline of your current case, but it is possible that he could appeal.

Also, I am trying to collect. It's against a man & his business. The vehicle he uses is in someone elses name. I don't know a bank acct. #. What else can I levy?
http://www.mobar.org/031c3dd8-17fe-4e3d-a0e3-f1e19a7df3b9.aspx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">