• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wage Garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

azleidbug

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
My ex-husband was sued by his uncle. His uncle had bought two quads, their agreement is that my ex was making the payments on them. One of the quads was for my ex and one was for his uncle. His uncle is basically handicapped from the waist down. The bad thing is that the quads were stolen and neither of them had insurance on the quads. His uncle won the judgement because he lied in court and told them he didn't by the quads for him because he couldn't even ride them. Complete lie!! Anyway, they are trying to garnish his wages for $800 a month. Is there anyway to get this lowered or to get him to agree on a lower payment? He just can't pay that with his other obligations. I am trying to get some ideas for him because we do get along really well and we have children together. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
My ex-husband was sued by his uncle. His uncle had bought two quads, their agreement is that my ex was making the payments on them. One of the quads was for my ex and one was for his uncle. His uncle is basically handicapped from the waist down. The bad thing is that the quads were stolen and neither of them had insurance on the quads. His uncle won the judgement because he lied in court and told them he didn't by the quads for him because he couldn't even ride them. Complete lie!! Anyway, they are trying to garnish his wages for $800 a month. Is there anyway to get this lowered or to get him to agree on a lower payment? He just can't pay that with his other obligations. I am trying to get some ideas for him because we do get along really well and we have children together. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
25% of the judgement debtor's net disposable earnings can be garnished. You can ask the court for a reduction.

The judgement creditor doesn't have to take payments; the time for negotiations ended when the judgement was obtained.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">