• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warranty on Used Vechile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cynthia Young

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
I purchased a 2002 Saturn Vue the end of October 2005. Bought a warranty from the used car dealership. Not Saturn. My Vue is in need of repair and the warranty is still good. I have looked through the paperwork we signed and the Service Warranty book and all I have seen and been told by salesman that I would have to pay is a $100 deductible. i Took my Vue to Saturn as it has a recall and asked if they fix the other problems. They talked to the warranty people and they will pay but I am not only to pay the $100 deductible now they are saying I am having to pay repair taxes. There is nothing in the Service Agreement book states that I pay addition fees other than the deduction. Even had other people read the book to make sure I did not miss anything. When I have my car worked on will I be able to have legal grounds to collect back on the repair taxes?

IAAL-5

Cynthia Young said:
I purchased a 2002 Saturn Vue the end of October 2005. Bought a warranty from the used car dealership. Not Saturn. My Vue is in need of repair and the warranty is still good. I have looked through the paperwork we signed and the Service Warranty book and all I have seen and been told by salesman that I would have to pay is a $100 deductible. i Took my Vue to Saturn as it has a recall and asked if they fix the other problems. They talked to the warranty people and they will pay but I am not only to pay the $100 deductible now they are saying I am having to pay repair taxes. There is nothing in the Service Agreement book states that I pay addition fees other than the deduction. Even had other people read the book to make sure I did not miss anything. When I have my car worked on will I be able to have legal grounds to collect back on the repair taxes?

My response:

You stupid Tennessee Hillbilly. When you go to the store, does it say the price of the item or does it say the price and the tax amount? No, it only says the price. Same thing in your situation.

IAAL

justalayman

Cynthia Young said:

How much money are you talking about?

If you go to small claims court, you generally don't get to claim things like lost wages. I have a hard time imagining the taxes you speak of being worth more than a days wages if you are even able to collect them legally.

weenor

Cynthia Young said:

Why would you pay sales tax on a service? You are missing something. Your tax must be on the part unless TN has a a tax on services.

BL

Batauto.com be nice yr. make and modle , there are some fine folks there , if you ask politely , breif but specific,and to the point .
The TSBs are down though ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">