• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wasn't Served Properly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DaddysGurl78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA- I had gotten my car impounded and the fees were too much for me to pay to get the car back because I was laid off shortly before this and the company I got the loan from filed a small claims case against me. But the problem is they left the subpoena to appear in my former residence's mailbox, which happens to be my 90 year old grandmother's house. I was not formely served neither did I know anything about it because I have not lived there in about almost 3 years. My grandmother called me and told me somebody left another notice to appear for an order to produce statement of assets and appear for examination because there was a judgement won against me that I was unaware of to begin with. What can I do to correct this situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">