• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Watch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Herbie1

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was given a watch for Christmas. I gave an autographed picture of a baseball player. I got dumped and asked for the picture back. He gave it back but never asked for the watch. His ex-wife e-mailed me asking for the watch back. I said I would sent it back. I found the watch on the internet for $699. Since then, communication has bordered harrassmant. Can he take me to small claims court? Do I have to give the watch back?

Thank you.

Herbie1 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was given a watch for Christmas. I gave an autographed picture of a baseball player. I got dumped and asked for the picture back. He gave it back but never asked for the watch. His ex-wife e-mailed me asking for the watch back. I said I would sent it back. I found the watch on the internet for $699. Since then, communication has bordered harrassmant. Can he take me to small claims court? Do I have to give the watch back?

Thank you.
You have no legal obligation to return a Christmas gift.

JETX

Herbie1 said:
His ex-wife e-mailed me asking for the watch back. I said I would sent it back.
Actually, you had no obligation to return the watch UNTIL... you said you would. If they have that in writing, they can present your promise in court and likely force you to comply with your promise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">