• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are we entitled to our money back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlg1991

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My son got an out of school suspension today for something he didn't do, but that is not
the question. We paid in full $285.00 for a class trip next month to Washington D.C.
They will not let him go because of the suspension and will not refund our money because
they have already paid for the trip. The only thing in writing is the amount of $50.00 not
being refundable as it is a deposit. There is nothing in writing about not getting your
money back if your child should not be able to go on the trip. Can I take the school to
small claims court

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My son got an out of school suspension today for something he didn't do, but that is not
the question. We paid in full $285.00 for a class trip next month to Washington D.C.
They will not let him go because of the suspension and will not refund our money because
they have already paid for the trip. The only thing in writing is the amount of $50.00 not
being refundable as it is a deposit. There is nothing in writing about not getting your
money back if your child should not be able to go on the trip. Can I take the school to
small claims court
Yes of course you can. You live in America:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">