• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Web site desing gone wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

ThermoDust

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Well, here my story. A person who was going to pay to make a website for me, made the site. But it was to be done in 48 hours. That didn't happen and I told him he can take more time. Then about a month (about) later he comes online shows me the site. I like most of it but want a few things changed. He then goes offline for more then a month during that time I needed the site up. So, I got someone to take a look at the site and see if they can recreate it/fix the problems he had. The person did and my site is up. Now the guy emailed me asking me for the $75.00 I said I'll pay him. I feel I shouldn't have to pay him for work he never fished. But he claims that the site I'm using is his and I owe him money. So, I guess my question is will this hold up in court and does it matter that he live in NY and I live in IL?

P.S. none of the images are his. Design was taken but changed a lot to fit my needs by this other guy.

Thanks for anyone who answers.

JETX

Pay him the $75.00.
You may not have gotten exactly what you wanted, in the time that you wanted it, but that is such a measly amount that he clearly provided at least THAT much value.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">