• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding DJ/Videographer Bails on Services...no refund given

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ozcoreup13

I am in the State of Illinois. The company in question has an office in IL but the headquarters is in OH.

My wife and I recetly got married and the DJ/Videographer Service that we had signed with and had paid ($1410) to was unable to provide us services. They told us that they were not going to be able to provide us services 2 days before our wedding. I spoke with the owner of the Company the Thursday before the wedding (August 9th) and he assured me that we would get a 100% refund. It is now a month later and he has still strung me along without a refund. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau 2 weeks ago but I have not had a response. I was wondering if your law firm would take on a case such as this. If not could you refer me to someone that can? That was a VERY breif synopsis of the situation, I can get into intricate detail once I find someone that will take the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am in the State of Illinois. The company in question has an office in IL but the headquarters is in OH.

My wife and I recetly got married and the DJ/Videographer Service that we had signed with and had paid ($1410) to was unable to provide us services. They told us that they were not going to be able to provide us services 2 days before our wedding. I spoke with the owner of the Company ... the Thursday before the wedding (August 9th) and he assured me that we would get a 100% refund. It is now a month later and he has still strung me along without a refund. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau 2 weeks ago but I have not had a response. I was wondering if your law firm would take on a case such as this. If not could you refer me to someone that can? That was a VERY breif synopsis of the situation, I can get into intricate detail once I find someone that will take the case.
This is not an attorney referral forum - please click the orange "Find a Lawyer" link and post your information there.

ETA: Sue the bad guy in small claims court.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">