• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Photographer - Lost Pictures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

halfceo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois (IL)

Short Story - I Got Married (please save jokes till end) - Hired a wedding photographer and his assistant. The contract with photographer was for 12 hours at $150 an hour. (6 hours per each photographer's time at $150/hour, thus 12 hours total)

Photographer met groom at grooms' parent house and took pictures for 1 hour, assistant took pictures and brides' parents house for 1 hour. Then we (Bride and Groom) met at our house - both photographers took pictures at our house for 1 hour before wedding party procedded with the rest of the planed day. We got all pictures back from wedding day - Missing the following:

1 Hour of pictures with Groom (at groom's parents house) ($150 - 1 photographer)
1 Hour of pictures with Bride (at bride's parents house) ($150 - 1 photographer)
1 Hour of pictures with Groom/Bride (at Bride/Groom house) ($300 - 2 photographer here)

I have pictures from friends and wedding party and full video of wedding (recoreded by Videographer) showing photographer and his assistant taking pictures of us that we never reiceved (lots of pictures, I am assuming at least 50-100 shots). The photographer claims the pictures were never taken - I have not showed him my video or other still shots showing him taking pictures of the missing photographs.

I was adviced to pay the guy fully for his services and get all material from him. What can I do now??

Can I get my 4 hours back ($600) (as I am missing these pictures) - (obviously the memories are priceless)

Thanks
halfceo

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">