• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Pictures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texaskiddo74

What is the name of your state? TX

I was looking for a photographer for my wedding when some co-workers recommened a retired employee. They said he had taken several of their weddings and he was good. I met him and he told me he would take the pictures, give them to me as 8x10, and give me every picture he took for $300.00. On the wedding day, I paid him $300.00 cash and gave him a list of the differnt photos I wanted. When I went to pick them up, they were horrible. Most were blurry, had shadows, and were dark. Also he only had 46 photos. I had requested a combination of over 75 shots. He then told me I could choose 25 of the photos for the $300.00 I had given him, and if I wanted the rest, i would have to pay him an additional $100.00. I told him that is not what he told me when he agreed to do the photos. I told him I could have hired a real photographer and have gotten no less than 150 photos for $500.00. He told me if I wanted any of the photos, I had to pay another $100.00. I was in his home and was afraid to argue because he maight not give me any of the photos as I had paid for them in cash and had no receipt. So I wrote him a $100.00 check. When I got home, my husband was upset. He called the photographer and he agreed to give the $100.00 check back. I went ahead and canceled it anyway. About a week later I got a notice from the bank where the check had been presented and was returned for stop payment. The photographer called a few days later and said that if we didn't pay him the $100.00 he was going to take me to court. I don't see in paying $400.00 for 46 really bad photos. Should I go ahead and pay the other $100.00 for the pictures and swallow my loss? Or should I chance going to court? If I go to court what can I use to my advantage?

BL

If the pictures are that Lousy , you should consider a Lawsuit , then on your anniversary , renew your vows and have GOOD pictures taken , if this jerk that can't take good pictures won't let you have any good ones and compromise .

Make a good faith effort in writing return receipt Certified mail ( keep copies and records ) to resolve this first . Give him/her 10 business days to comply , or take him/her to Court .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">