• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Well Driller didn't stand by his words....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StarsMoon

What is the name of your state? Fla....

It's been 2.5 yrs since our well was installed. Last month, we started having water problems. So, I called the company (it's only a father and 2 sons),their signs say licensed, experienced and work gaurnteed anyways, they came out and pulled the well apart. Come to find out, my supposed well that was to be 100 feet deep, turns out they only drilled it to 60 ft.

I asked the main guy, "Why is it only 60ft", he then looked at his son and asked the same question. The son told him "well, I done hit rock and there was water, so I left it there at 60ft. I asked the main guy "what are we gonna do about it?", and his response was "I guess I'm gonna have to eat it". He then said that he'd be out about 3 days later.

Well, 4 wks have gone by, as well as many phone calls to him with him stating "I'll be out Tues., then it was I'll be out Fri., I'll be there Wed.", this has gone on for a month now. Now he is avoiding our phone calls completly.

I have be thinking about taking him to court. I have located several court cases where this man had been arrested for poss of meth several times. I'm trying to get those recordes to see if the dates were right along with the time that he was doing this drug as well as installing my well. I figure that was the cause of the half-ass job that costed 2 grand for the 100 foot well, that I only received 60 ft in depth.

I also have 4 witnesses (all of who I don't know personaly) that claim they were all told the same thing , that his wells are drilled automaticly at 100 foot deep, then $20 more per foot further dowm past the 100 ft. I have my receipt but it only shows what parts were ordered and charged for. Nothing about how deep he runs his wells.

I don't know if I'm wasting my time or if I've got a good enough case. I just want what I paid to get. Thats all. But he's playing like a d*ck and this just isn't right....
I have called the BBB and reported him to the NorthFla Water Managemet people, the ones that issue him a license. But nothing so far... And I have 2 small children... we nee water.... But, anywys,,,,,

Does anyone have any input that would be helpful?
I've got an officer friend that is gonna call him Sunday to maybe scare him into coming out to fix it. Just to explain that it'll hurt his business alittle more and damage what little rep he has left. I really don't want to take it to court, but if thats what needs to be done, then so be it... I'm at my witts end....

Any ideas...... Please...
Thanks....
Stars.....

Last edited:

JETX

Do you have an ORIGINAL contract or invoice showing the depth as 100 feet?? If so, you MIGHT have a valid case for breach of that original agreement (depending on Statute of Limitation issues).
Absent any PROOF of their claim, you have a VERY weak case... if any at all.

Oh, and forget about getting proof of any prior criminal issues.... they are NOT relevant to YOUR issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">