• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For what amount can I sue wedding videographer who never delivered wedding video?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KMC8380

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I signed a contract with a wedding videographer in September 2007 to film my November 2007 wedding. The contract provides that the videographer will deliver 5 copies of the wedding DVD and all raw footage. We paid $1012.50. The contract states that damages are limited to the amount paid. However, the videographer has been stringing us along for the last two years promising our wedding video. I have spent hours trying to contact our videographer, writing e-mails, writing letters. I have sent a letter via certified mail asking for our video and raw footage or the money back. Up until 2 months ago I had some contact with the videographer and he assured me he was still working on the video but I have received NOTHING. Can I sue the videographer for more than $1012.50, and if so, based on what claims? Intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, punitive damages?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">