• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

balinstan99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I'm up against a credit card company in small claims and know the debt is mine and got to be paid. I live with my folks right now and have no major asset like a truck or real estate. I own some cheap end tools, CDs, DVDs, hockey equipment, old video games, shaver, clothes, CD bookbox etc. I got these items not with the credit card if you're wondering. Most have all been given to me. If I lose and get asset seized, will they take all this stuff? do they only take more something worthwhile? I have a gamecube thats $30 and my hockey equipment costed my mom over $300. thanks

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I'm up against a credit card company in small claims and know the debt is mine and got to be paid. I live with my folks right now and have no major asset like a truck or real estate. I own some cheap end tools, CDs, DVDs, hockey equipment, old video games, shaver, clothes, CD bookbox etc. I got these items not with the credit card if you're wondering. Most have all been given to me. If I lose and get asset seized, will they take all this stuff? do they only take more something worthwhile? I have a gamecube thats $30 and my hockey equipment costed my mom over $300. thanks
You don't seem to have assets that would be worth siezing right now, but judgements last a very long time. Since you've decided that we have crystal balls and know the name of the state in which you live. I will allow you to borrow that crystal ball to find out exactly just how long a judgement will last.

Hint somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-20 years :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">