• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beemoma

North Carolina
I have been advised by my boss at work to get an attorney.
This is the situation (in a nutshell) I am advocating for a client in a human services situation and was her little boy's teacher once.

The sister of the husband has called my director twice and told her that I was fired from the school for inapropriate behavior with the children and did they even check my references
Also, a teacher from the schoolwho I don't know, called and said that I had been fired for yelling and screaming at the kids.
All of which is total BULL****, not a true work to any of it.
I had a conflict with the administration (not related to children or teaching at all) and on top of it was pregnant and sick and they gave me an option to be released from my contract and I accepted after a few dasy of thinking it over
So...the lady who called told my director that the principal told her I was fired for innapropriate behavior with the children.
My work is behind me 100% and they know it is BS but they think that I need to nip this in the bud before it really becomes a problem for me and my family! We live in a small rural commnity and this will only grow as long as theydon't like me helping the woman I am helping. Is there anything I can do about these people outright lying about me and trying to get me fired from my job?

T

Terry7

If those statements of your Character "harmed" you,other than your feelings, for example: you were in fact fired or refused employment, on the vbasis of false characterizations,it would be considered Deplemation of Charactor,and you could sue for your loses ( damages ).
Otherwise,it's gossip,and in America we have the 1st ammendment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">