• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do to get my money back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

masterkel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

I, as well as many other upset brides are looking for a way to get our Wedding Service provider out of business and get our money back for ripping us off on our Wedding day.
I was married last May and hired Big Mouths Productions to do the DJ, Videographer, and photographer services for 5 hours. I signed a contract stating this as well as me owning the rights to video and photos. Now, they are approaching a year and I do not have the photos, edited video, or anything promised to me. When I filed a complaint on consumer reports and BBB, the owner finally emailed and said his staff left him with the bills and because of my report, he is now out of business. He is still happily taking other peoples money, but he's out of business? He told me to have my lawyer contact him and delete him from my contacts. Now, Im livid! His number and email no longer exist and I have nothing but a PO Box for the company. There are several unsatisfied customers that got ripped off as well for their wedding memories they will never get back because of him and I need to know what my/our legal rights are, what I should do, and if its worth paying to take him to small claims court to get my money back. I paid about $3K total for the services, but got nothing in return. Im worried he will continue ripping of innocent bride and grooms and destroying their memories as well. Please tell me what I should do. I want what I paid for and it is rightfully mine. My contract states it.
Also, he posts all wedding photos on his website and when you click on the link you can order any photos you want. shouldnt that put him in violation of the copyright law by allowing someone else to purchase MY wedding photos that even I dont have?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">