• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can I do? small claims/or more?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drac0

What is the name of your state? NY

Ok, a surmised history:

while at a sports park, an employee physically assaulted a patron, resulting in significant damage to [patrons] equipment, and nearly causing serious injury. the patron made no offensive recourse against the employee. the patron did seek proper means thru a manager.

damage to equipment was valued at between $279 and $349.
3 quotes were delivered per request of the business.
after 2 months, and many phone calls, I have heard nothing.

as a result of their delay, the same products are no longer available (2002 model year ended, 2003 began). an estimate now would be nearly $500.

as a result of not having this equipment, I have been unnable to use a seasonal pass to its fullest. as well as lost wages, as equipment was for profitable usage. product also selling agent in products, which are not going to sell without a key component [damaged equip.]

I believe small claims is the way to go, but I am nto sure how to go about values for other losses.
luckily, there was no injury.

any thoughts?

many thanks,
john

JETX

Since this is small claims court, the rules of evidence are much more casual. And so are the claims.

Go ahead and itemize every damage that you feel you can support and file suit. Upon presentation of your claim, the court will determine the validity and acceptability of each.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">