• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I sue for? Faslified documents used against me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GarrettR

Hello,

I live in California. I am Pro Per. Single 30 yr old male. Served multiple tours overseas (that now has been used against me for spite).
I have had a case in Family Law about my son and custody. Long story short is, my ex continues to create issues. For example she wanted me to have a parenting coach to supervise my parenting time. In mediation a agreed not knowing the cost. I soon found out how much they were for the stuff she wanted me to learn. For example taking my son in and out of his car seat, going shopping with him, introducing him to strangers.... I have done all this though with her. So the parenting coach wanted to charge me $100 an hour to do these services. I then declined these services because I cannot afford to pay this high cost. Keep in mind I cannot afford an attorney.

I started to notice she was not that professional with stuff. Sometimes did not return my calls. Had a scheduled meeting and when I arrived she was not there. After informing the parent coach I was not going to use her services, I found someone else. I asked if she could tell me when my ex came in to process. She would not let me know and said I needed to pay her $45 for a report if I wanted that.

So a few days later I wrote on YELP a review. I more stated she was professional at first then turned very unprofessional. She later found out I wrote a review. So what happened is that my ex requested a copy of the report. The parenting coach then creates a report that takes my ex's side. Stating she called me and I never really called her. My phone records show different though. I have 17 calls placed to her trying to get in contact. It also shows she has never called me. So the report also goes into quoting me. I know its false because some of the words are not in my vocabulary. The dates in the report of times she talked with my ex are also all wrong. Also goes into saying I did not give her the full orders, when I did. This parenting coach is also in the court services papers for people to use.

I did some homework and went back through all the emails my ex sent. She is supposed to send me daily emails how our son is doing. In the emails she also notified me when the parenting coach called and my ex called her. This was because I was asking if she will make contact to get the ball rolling. So the emails from my ex and the report created by the parenting coach conflict with the dates in the report. I declined the parenting coaches services Jan 3. of this year.

I believe since I wrote a bad yelp she wrote a bad report. The bad yelp I wrote about 2 weeks after declining her services. My ex just got this report at the end of January. She then turned around and filed it in a declaration with the courts against me.

So what I want to do is sue the parenting coach. She created a false report that I have all the evidence showing. If anyone out there can help that would be great. Been looking at perjury, fraud, defamation. I want to be able to sue her or any possible law obtaining to this. Hopefully they will take her license. Its sad to see the corruption in Family Law. Can I also go after money? How much? I could be able to turn it around and obtain a lawyer to help me out since my ex has a good one. I have not been able to see my son in a couple months now because of this. I filed to be put back on calender already.

Thank you for your time

And this was the short version.....

single317dad

Posting a review on Yelp is tantamount to standing on a street corner with a megaphone and yelling the content to all passerby. Why on Earth would you openly disseminate negative statements about someone whose opinion of you mattered so much in your family court case?

If you've already admitted to making the review, I'd suggest you apologize and ask the coach to correct the report.

GarrettR

Posting a review on Yelp is tantamount to standing on a street corner with a megaphone and yelling the content to all passerby. Why on Earth would you openly disseminate negative statements about someone whose opinion of you mattered so much in your family court case?

If you've already admitted to making the review, I'd suggest you apologize and ask the coach to correct the report.

Why write a review? It's because these people get away with fraud and cause more harm. Its not about the child, its about the money with some of these people. Why do I want people to know? So others will not be fooled. So kids can can enjoy the time they have with their parents.
So I should apologizes for her falsifying information? These people are held to standards. Same thing as a Police Officer writing a false police report about you. Please do not respond if you do not have an intelligent response that can help.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why write a review? It's because these people get away with fraud and cause more harm. Its not about the child, its about the money with some of these people. Why do I want people to know? So others will not be fooled. So kids can can enjoy the time they have with their parents.
So I should apologizes for her falsifying information? These people are held to standards. Same thing as a Police Officer writing a false police report about you. Please do not respond if you do not have an intelligent response that can help.

Good luck to you.

CdwJava

Well, you had your say and may now be suffering the consequences of your actions.

You may have a right to say whatever you darn well please (within the confines of the law), but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences for making such statements. All because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should. I once knew a guy that felt it was his right to freely criticize girls he was dating ... and then he wondered why he couldn't keep a girlfriend! It took him a while to grasp the concept that sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, and this holds true in professional as well as personal relationships. Don't knock the person who has control over some aspect of your life that you need ... until you don't need that person anymore.

So I should apologizes for her falsifying information? These people are held to standards. Same thing as a Police Officer writing a false police report about you.
YOU say her report contained false information ... I'll bet she contends otherwise. Good luck proving that.

Please do not respond if you do not have an intelligent response that can help.
You get what you pay for here. And, if by "intelligent" you mean "agree," you may be in for a long wait.

Perhaps it's time to no longer be pro per and save some pennies for real legal counsel. Maybe, then, you won't get into a corner like you have.

I like that quote, too. But, this is not a 1st Amendment issue.

Silverplum

Thank you for your service to our country. :):)

That said, you need to find a way to pay for an attorney to speak FOR you. When you do it yourself in the legal system, you need to do things properly. It's not much different than the military: forms, levels of job responsibilities and duties, deadlines, etc.

Writing the yelp review was something your attorney would have told you was NOT a good idea. NOT a productive idea, either.

Silverplum

So I should apologizes for her falsifying information? These people are held to standards. Same thing as a Police Officer writing a false police report about you.
The legal people are not, ya know, plumbers or roofers. You don't know what you're talking about.

GarrettR said:
Please do not respond if you do not have an intelligent response that can help.
You don't get to decide who responds, and you don't get to be snotty with the volunteers.

GarrettR said:
I know.

The OP:
Hello,

I live in California. I am Pro Per. Single 30 yr old male. Served multiple tours overseas (that now has been used against me for spite).
I have had a case in Family Law about my son and custody. Long story short is, my ex continues to create issues. For example she wanted me to have a parenting coach to supervise my parenting time. In mediation a agreed not knowing the cost. I soon found out how much they were for the stuff she wanted me to learn. For example taking my son in and out of his car seat, going shopping with him, introducing him to strangers.... I have done all this though with her. So the parenting coach wanted to charge me $100 an hour to do these services. I then declined these services because I cannot afford to pay this high cost. Keep in mind I cannot afford an attorney.

I started to notice she was not that professional with stuff. Sometimes did not return my calls. Had a scheduled meeting and when I arrived she was not there. After informing the parent coach I was not going to use her services, I found someone else. I asked if she could tell me when my ex came in to process. She would not let me know and said I needed to pay her $45 for a report if I wanted that.

So a few days later I wrote on YELP a review. I more stated she was professional at first then turned very unprofessional. She later found out I wrote a review. So what happened is that my ex requested a copy of the report. The parenting coach then creates a report that takes my ex's side. Stating she called me and I never really called her. My phone records show different though. I have 17 calls placed to her trying to get in contact. It also shows she has never called me. So the report also goes into quoting me. I know its false because some of the words are not in my vocabulary. The dates in the report of times she talked with my ex are also all wrong. Also goes into saying I did not give her the full orders, when I did. This parenting coach is also in the court services papers for people to use.

I did some homework and went back through all the emails my ex sent. She is supposed to send me daily emails how our son is doing. In the emails she also notified me when the parenting coach called and my ex called her. This was because I was asking if she will make contact to get the ball rolling. So the emails from my ex and the report created by the parenting coach conflict with the dates in the report. I declined the parenting coaches services Jan 3. of this year.

I believe since I wrote a bad yelp she wrote a bad report. The bad yelp I wrote about 2 weeks after declining her services. My ex just got this report at the end of January. She then turned around and filed it in a declaration with the courts against me.

So what I want to do is sue the parenting coach. She created a false report that I have all the evidence showing. If anyone out there can help that would be great. Been looking at perjury, fraud, defamation. I want to be able to sue her or any possible law obtaining to this. Hopefully they will take her license. Its sad to see the corruption in Family Law. Can I also go after money? How much? I could be able to turn it around and obtain a lawyer to help me out since my ex has a good one. I have not been able to see my son in a couple months now because of this. I filed to be put back on calender already.

Thank you for your time

And this was the short version.....

quincy

The right to free expression is not an unlimited right and it never has been. When one speaks outside the limits allowed under the law, one can find himself in a whole mess of hot water.

Unless you have proof that every word you say or you write about the parenting coach is true or pure opinion (one that does not state or imply any false facts), you might not have a suit YOU can pursue against the coach (documents written for the court are often covered by a privilege making them immune from suit) but the parenting coach might have one SHE can pursue against you.

As an additional note: The evaluation written by the parenting coach is her opinion of the situation based on her interviews and observations. What is written is generally considered neither true nor false by the court. It is up to you, in court, to refute what is presented with evidence to the contrary. This can often be accomplished by having another evaluator assess the situation and provide the court with another opinion. The judge can then weigh one evaluation against the other.

GarrettR

Thank you for your service to our country. :):)

That said, you need to find a way to pay for an attorney to speak FOR you. When you do it yourself in the legal system, you need to do things properly. It's not much different than the military: forms, levels of job responsibilities and duties, deadlines, etc.

Writing the yelp review was something your attorney would have told you was NOT a good idea. NOT a productive idea, either.
Thank you for your support.

Yes, I do need to get an attorney. Money is hard right now, I wish it was not. The only reason I wrote a review is because I didn't want it happening to anyone else. After reading some more reviews she had I found a lot of people saying there have been false reports made. Yes maybe not the best idea, I just did not want anyone else to have this happen to them.
Thank you for your post.

GarrettR

The right to free expression is not an unlimited right and it never has been. When one speaks outside the limits allowed under the law, one can find himself in a whole mess of hot water.

Unless you have proof that every word you say or you write about the parenting coach is true or pure opinion (one that does not state or imply any false facts), you might not have a suit YOU can pursue against the coach (documents written for the court are often covered by a privilege making them immune from suit) but the parenting coach might have one SHE can pursue against you.

As an additional note: The evaluation written by the parenting coach is her opinion of the situation based on her interviews and observations. What is written is generally considered neither true nor false by the court. It is up to you, in court, to refute what is presented with evidence to the contrary. This can often be accomplished by having another evaluator assess the situation and provide the court with another opinion. The judge can then weigh one evaluation against the other.
I do have proof. From phone records, emails, and dates of contacts. So how can she pursue me? For speaking an opinion?

CdwJava

I do have proof. From phone records, emails, and dates of contacts. So how can she pursue me? For speaking an opinion?
So, in her emails and phone calls, she admits that she is lying in her report? Her report can include information well beyond the scope of those contacts. You can try and refute the report or argue that the report is inaccurate if you wish. But, you would be better served by hiring an attorney who knows better how to address these matters dispassionately.

quincy

If you can support as truth all that you said, the evaluator can still sue you but she is unlikely to be successful with a suit.

Opinions can be difficult to express without some embellishment or exaggeration, or without drawing conclusions about a person or entity. This is where a review writer has trouble. Review writers tend to want their readers to feel the same anger or frustration or pain they feel, and it is very hard to arouse another's emotions with facts.

But if you have support for the statements made in your review, good. Now I recommend you find an attorney in your area who can help you, and I suggest you find another evaluator without any obvious bias to counterbalance the first evaluator's report.

Good luck.

As an additional note: "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech" is one line of a multi-line poem written by Charles M. Province (although it is often wrongly attributed to others).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">