• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do facing an awkward appeal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xmizi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

This accident happened already 4 month ago. 2 moving cars collided into each other and one of them ended up hitting into my parked car. I had only liability cover on this car. So I contacted both parties' insurance, but they just kept blaming on each other.

I had to file a small claim against both of them. Only driver A appeared. So the judge ruled the default judgment against the absent driver B.

Now driver B and his insurance is appealing.

My question is:
in the appeal hearing, is it only between me and driver B? What if driver B has solid proof to blame all the way to driver A and sucessfully reverse the case? In that case I will have no one to catch since driver A is already off hook at the initial hearing? What can I do to avoid this scenario?

xmizi

Thank you very much for your reply! So driver A will have to come back to court otherwise he will lose the case automatically? Now I'm relieved!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">