• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do after being served a Writ of Execution?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swinner78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Birmingham AL but as of 1/2/2012 I will be living in slidell Louisiana.

I was served a Writ of Execution on 11/10/11 for an old judgment from Capital One for an unpaid credit card I used to have with them, at my mothers address which is in Sacramento,CA. She called me and told of this, otherwise I would've never known about the Writ of Execution being served on me. She then mailed me the paperwork. I am very confused as to how I go about dealing with this. I can't afford a lawyer and would really love if someone could walk me through the process step by step. All the do's and don'ts.

I have no job, possessions of any value or money, but I am on my boyfriends joint account and he does have money. I want to make sure his money will not be affected. Should I remove my name from all joint accounts? Or is there some kind of paperwork that will not permit them to garnish his monies in our account.

Should I file for Bankruptcy even though I have no money or any form of assets for Capital One? Cause they can't squeeze blood out of a turnip right?

Right now my credit score is 610 even with 7 collection accounts on my credit.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Birmingham AL but as of 1/2/2012 I will be living in slidell Louisiana.

I was served a Writ of Execution on 11/10/11 for an old judgment from Capital One for an unpaid credit card I used to have with them, at my mothers address which is in Sacramento,CA. She called me and told of this, otherwise I would've never known about the Writ of Execution being served on me. She then mailed me the paperwork. I am very confused as to how I go about dealing with this. I can't afford a lawyer and would really love if someone could walk me through the process step by step. All the do's and don'ts.

I have no job, possessions of any value or money, but I am on my boyfriends joint account and he does have money. I want to make sure his money will not be affected. Should I remove my name from all joint accounts? Or is there some kind of paperwork that will not permit them to garnish his monies in our account.

Should I file for Bankruptcy even though I have no money or any form of assets for Capital One? Cause they can't squeeze blood out of a turnip right?

Right now my credit score is 610 even with 7 collection accounts on my credit.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You definitely need to get your name off your boyfriend's accounts. Otherwise his money WILL be effected.

It might be wise to file bankruptcy if you have 7 collection accounts on your credit report.

swinner78

Ok . I will do that tomorrow first thing. What will happen to me after Capital One finds out I have nothing to offer them as repayment?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You definitely need to get your name off your boyfriend's accounts. Otherwise his money WILL be effected.

It might be wise to file bankruptcy if you have 7 collection accounts on your credit report.
His money can still be affected due to the fact that this could be considered a FRAUDULENT transfer to have her remove her name. That could cause both her and her boyfriend problems. This is EXTREMELY bad advice and cause OP a world of hurt.

She has a joint account until she is served a writ of judgment. Oh, okay. Then her and her boyfriend conspire to remove her name from his joint account. Thus hoping to prevent the credit card company from collecting on their judgment.

OP, if you do that, expect that your boyfriend could be dragged into this mess due to the fraud you are attempting to perpetuate.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ok . I will do that tomorrow first thing. What will happen to me after Capital One finds out I have nothing to offer them as repayment?
You do what LD advised and you can find yourself being sued WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND due to engaging in a fraudulent conveyance of the money in the account by removing your name. NOT a good idea. You owe the debt. PAY THEM. Get a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">