• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do First?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hopet

What is the name of your state? Texas

My 10 year old sister was at a local grocery store in our town, she was with her dad and other sister. When they were walking down the isle an employee was mopping and did not have a wet floor sign up, so my sister slipped and fell backwards. Of course she was embaressed so she said she was fine, but for the next couple of days she has been having pains in her chest, and the school nurse called home and said she had been in there several times for an ice pack to put on her chest. Her dad does not have insurance so he took her to get a check up at the doctor and the doctor wanted to do ex-rays but her dad could not afford it. It was about 70.00 for that doctor visit and her dad said he would send the bill to the store where she fell, and tell them she needs to have ex-rays done. Should he get an attorney or go ahead and file a lawsuit or just work directly with the store?

JETX

I suggest that her parents contact the store directly to see what can be done about covering expenses. At this point, there is simply not enough 'damage' to involve an attorney or even to consider a lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">