• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do? Sell of a motorcycle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HmmmHelp!

What is the name of your state? Arizona
Sold a street motorcycle (hwich is my care) on 6/10/05 the person gave me a $500 down payment with a balance $1000 I gave him a "Bill of Sale" with all info on bike and "Sales Recept" showing cost of bike and down payment with balance were we both signed both papers. Are these binding contracts? He called yesterday and told me he wanted his money back or he was taking me to court. I asked for a release letter from him stating he didn't want the bike and that I could resale it. His words "No". I told him that I could not give his money back until I sold the bike and I would not try to sell until gave me a release that he didn't want it. He just said "He'll see me in court".
What to do??? Can I just sell the bike with-out a release? Do I have to give back his money after he changed his mind? What to do???
Thank you for your time and any light on this!

JETX

HmmmHelp! said:
Are these binding contracts?
We would have to read them in their entirety to be able to tell. Please hold them up to the screen.

He called yesterday and told me he wanted his money back or he was taking me to court. I asked for a release letter from him stating he didn't want the bike and that I could resale it. His words "No". I told him that I could not give his money back until I sold the bike and I would not try to sell until gave me a release that he didn't want it. He just said "He'll see me in court".
What to do???
When is the $1000 due?? Wait until then, and if he doesn't pay, then file a small claims suit against him. Let the court decide. Of course, if he files first, file a counter-claim and let the court decided BOTH issues.

Can I just sell the bike with-out a release?
No. At this time, it is HIS bike.

Do I have to give back his money after he changed his mind?
Depends on the terms of the sale, but based on your post, no.

What to do???
Is there an echo in here?? See above.

HmmmHelp!

"my mistake I didn't put a date when the balance would be due"

"No?" to which part?

JETX said:
We would have to read them in their entirety to be able to tell. Please hold them up to the screen.

When is the $1000 due?? Wait until then, and if he doesn't pay, then file a small claims suit against him. Let the court decide. Of course, if he files first, file a counter-claim and let the court decided BOTH issues.
"my mistake I didn't put a date when the balance would be due"

No. At this time, it is HIS bike.

Depends on the terms of the sale, but based on your post, no.
"No?" to which part?

Is there an echo in here?? See above.

BL

No , it is HIS bike . You can not sell His bike .

Based soley on the info. you posted , he owes YOU $1,000.00 .

Based soley on your info. , unless there is more to the contract , he bought the bike " AS-IS" .

Read Jetx's advice .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">