• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do i do when the defendent lies?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gen13gen

can i file paperwork with the information i have at hand?

What is the name of your state? CA
on memorial day a lady ran into my parked car. she wouldnt give me her insurance information, but i got her driver's license info and her license plate #. i have sent numerous certified mail stating that i needed more information. i found the telephone number to the address on her driver's license through the phone book and people at the household say that she is there one day, and then saying that she doesnt the next especially when i explain to them why i am looking for this certain individual. the police didnt want to make me a report, but i have witnesses who saw the accident which happened on private property. my insurance company says they cannot help me. on the information alone, can i still go after her for the repair of my vehicle costing over $1000? can i file my claim with her driver's license and her dl information alone?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gen13gen said:
What is the name of your state? CA
on memorial day a lady ran into my parked car. she wouldnt give me her insurance information, but i got her driver's license info and her license plate #. i have sent numerous certified mail stating that i needed more information. i found the telephone number to the address on her driver's license through the phone book and people at the household say that she is there one day, and then saying that she doesnt the next especially when i explain to them why i am looking for this certain individual. the police didnt want to make me a report, but i have witnesses who saw the accident which happened on private property. my insurance company says they cannot help me. on the information alone, can i still go after her for the repair of my vehicle costing over $1000?

My response:

Is there more to this story, because your post has nothing to do with "what do i do when the defendent lies?" You have not said anything about the defendant lying.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">