• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AR My husband bought a truck from a man he used to be in a partship with. The partner ship went bad and they dissolved it. Husband bought a truck from the man and when they filed the title it showed the man still had a lien Husband paid the man off. We can't find the receipt but we do have the check that has Final Payment on the Memo line of the truck and the man cashed it we have a copy. Husband went to the man a few days ago and he refuses to sign the title so we can take that off and a get a clear title. The man said he was mad about some stuff that went on with partnership so he wont sign. Will the copy of this check be sufficient for the DMV? Can we sue him for not signing? The truck is worth more than 5,000.00 which I think is the limit for small claims court in our state. I could be wrong. If we can sue him what would be the reason?

Thanks for any information or advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">