• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does final judgement disposed by judge mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnny b

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

Hello, does any know what "final judgement""disposed by Judge " meanin florida small claims civil court? The judge ordered me to pay the plaintiffs and included attorney fees? is this the kind of judgement that shows on my credit report? and since the attorney fees are separate, what cna the attorney do to collect his/her fees?
Thank you

Last edited:

dcatz

Does any know what "final judgement""disposed by Judge " meanin florida small claims civil court?

It means the Court has entered a final judgment and finished the case at the trial level. All that is left is an appeal and, if your time for that has expired, the case completely over, unless you didn’t appear and litigate and have grounds for a motion to vacate the judgment.

Is this the kind of judgement that shows on my credit report?

Yes. It can show before and also after it is paid.

Since the attorney fees are separate, what cna the attorney do to collect his/her fees?

The attorney is now also a judgment creditor. He/she can do anything and everything that any judgment creditor could do to enforce recovery in your state. It’s very possible that the attorney will retain responsibility for enforcing the judgment, including the fees and costs. It makes less sense to divide the responsibilities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">