• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if I don't know where she lives?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

califgoldenlady

What is the name of your state? California
I need to sue an ex-friend in small claims court for repairs to her car and some living expenses I allowed be charged to my credit card as a favor and a cell phone account I set up for her and she never paid me back. I have no idea where she lives or works. She is basically hiding from me. Can I still file a lawsuit? The four year statute of limitations is closing in. Thanks!! Jennife in Los Angeles.

rmet4nzkx

califgoldenlady said:
I need to sue an ex-friend in small claims court for repairs to her car and some living expenses I allowed be charged to my credit card as a favor and a cell phone account I set up for her and she never paid me back. I have no idea where she lives or works. She is basically hiding from me. Can I still file a lawsuit? The four year statute of limitations is closing in. Thanks!! Jennife in Los Angeles.
Do you know where she works?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

califgoldenlady said:
I have no idea where she lives or works.

rmet4nzkx said:
Do you know where she works?

My response:

You'll have to excuse contributor "rmet4nzkx." She's been suffering from a "comprehension deficiency" all day long.

Take your meds, rmet4nzkx.

IAAL

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You'll have to excuse contributor "rmet4nzkx." She's been suffering from a "comprehension deficiency" all day long.

Take your meds, rmet4nzkx.

IAAL
What is going on with you today? I asked that question for a reason, even though they already cliamed not to know where they lived or worked. Why are you attacking me, what have I done to you lately? Why don't you have some advice for them?

racer72

califgoldenlady said:
You may have to hire a private detective. There are some that specialize in finding the hard to find. It will cost a couple hundred bucks, it's up to you to decide if it's worth it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rmet4nzkx said:
What is going on with you today? I asked that question for a reason, even though they already cliamed not to know where they lived or worked. Why are you attacking me, what have I done to you lately? Why don't you have some advice for them?

My response:

What part of "I don't know where she works" didn't you understand? And, since she already said that, what "reason" could you possibly have had for asking your question? I mean, if the OP doesn't know, she doesn't know!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">