• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if over state limit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shellyri

Rhode Island

I live in RI and was trying to find out about small claims court. I believe I've read that you can't sue for over $1500.00. Is this correct? And what do I do if I'm owed almost 4000.00? How can I get my money now?

BL

talk to a big burley man , otherwise if it's over small claims limit you're after , you take it to the next civil level , that would required an Attorney and expenses .

Happy Trails

shellyri said:
Rhode Island

I live in RI and was trying to find out about small claims court. I believe I've read that you can't sue for over $1500.00. Is this correct? And what do I do if I'm owed almost 4000.00? How can I get my money now?
June 30, 2004, the limit for Rhode Island small claims court lawsuits increased to $2,500. So unless you are willing to settle in that court, you do as Blonde Lebinese stated.

However, it might be a big burley woman....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">