• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is Legal an not Legal to ask for my money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GonzoMan71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I work Freelance, in theatre productions. I took a gig and have an agreement with him for a fee. In my agreement it say I would be paid within three days of the production closing. well the show closed on January 29th 2011. I still have not been paid.

I tried calling this individual and he has not called me back nor contacted me over a week now.

I been contacting this person by phone and e-mail. And recently facebook.

What is the best protocol to contact this individual? What is legal and not Legal?
Is it ok to confront them in person?

justalayman

you can call them, write a letter to them, ask them face to face, or send smoke signals. There is no restriction in that in itself. Obviously it is illegal to threaten them with illegal actions (such as beating the daylights out of them)(just in case you were considering such)

If they do not pay you, you are relegated to suing them.

Then all you have to do, if you win, is figure out how to collect on the judgment.

GonzoMan71

you can call them, write a letter to them, ask them face to face, or send smoke signals. There is no restriction in that in itself. Obviously it is illegal to threaten them with illegal actions (such as beating the daylights out of them)(just in case you were considering such)

If they do not pay you, you are relegated to suing them.

Then all you have to do, if you win, is figure out how to collect on the judgment.
Don't worry i am not a Violent guy, i could be. Is it ok to embarrass them?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Don't worry i am not a Violent guy, i could be. Is it ok to embarrass them?
Send a demand letter giving them a reasonable time to pay (10 working days is reasonable). If they don't pay, sue them in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">