• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my cat's rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Satori

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

My outdoor cat occassionally goes next door and naps on my neighbour's car late at night, usually to get out of the rain. Apparently his claws have been damaging the cloth top of the car. I have purchased cat repellant for my neighbours, but they won't use it because it makes their car stink. I have offered to buy them a car cover to protect the cloth, their answer is why should they make such an effort to control MY cat. I tried keeping him in at night, but he started tearing up the house and became rather ill and unhappy. I've asked frequently for them to tell me when this happens, so I can fix the problem fast. They wait and watch damage show up for two weeks or more before they finally complain to me. I'm going over there three times a night, but never catch him on in their carport. I am about to build him an outdoor shelter to see if that helps.
This is wearing me out and costing a fortune, and I'm still getting legal threats from my neighbours regarding the cat. What are MY rights and what are my CAT's rights? I want to solve this, but I feel like I'm making a fairly large effort and getting little support. PLEASE HELP, I can't afford a lawyer any more than I can afford to buy them a new cloth top.

HappyHusband

Satori said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas

My outdoor cat occassionally goes next door and naps on my neighbour's car late at night, usually to get out of the rain. Apparently his claws have been damaging the cloth top of the car. I have purchased cat repellant for my neighbours, but they won't use it because it makes their car stink. I have offered to buy them a car cover to protect the cloth, their answer is why should they make such an effort to control MY cat. I tried keeping him in at night, but he started tearing up the house and became rather ill and unhappy. I've asked frequently for them to tell me when this happens, so I can fix the problem fast. They wait and watch damage show up for two weeks or more before they finally complain to me. I'm going over there three times a night, but never catch him on in their carport. I am about to build him an outdoor shelter to see if that helps.
This is wearing me out and costing a fortune, and I'm still getting legal threats from my neighbours regarding the cat. What are MY rights and what are my CAT's rights? I want to solve this, but I feel like I'm making a fairly large effort and getting little support. PLEASE HELP, I can't afford a lawyer any more than I can afford to buy them a new cloth top.
Have him declawed.

S

Satori

Um, help or silence. Thanks

While I appreciate replies in an effort to solve a dispute between neighbours, I'm rather appalled with what I've seen. I'm looking for mature suggestions, not hot air.

A- Declawing a animal is cruel and inhumane.

B- Stupid, macho comments only go to tick off a complete stranger.

Last edited by a moderator:

fairisfair

Satori said:
While I appreciate replies in an effort to solve a dispute between neighbours, I'm rather appalled with what I've seen. I'm looking for mature suggestions, not hot air.

A- Declawing a animal is cruel and inhumane.

B- Stupid, macho comments only go to tick off a complete stranger.
Declawing is not cruel or inhumane if the alternative is having the animal euthanized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">