• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jewls

What is the name of your state? NYC
quit job over verbal harrassment and stress caused directly by boss, went to get pay and was refused, they claimed i was told if i quit i had to wait til the end of the month i was never told that and there were no contracts siged just regular application. cops were called to no avail they said go to sm claims. Following day exboss left a threathening voicemail message now saved i went to prececint and filed a report the will arrest her for aggravated harrassment. is small calims my only option i really dont have the money to hire a lawyer there is more to the story like defimation of characature medical stress on health etc. im a single mom who now has a pshyco exboss on the loose.

racer72

Your former employer does not have to pay you till the next scheduled payday. If you are not paid then, contact your state Department of Labor.

jewls

what are my options?

( NYC) I waited till the next pay date which is when i was refused, ok so department of labor for pay or small claims? and for the arrest on aggravated harrassment? can I sue xemployer for hardship, loss of wages, defamation of characature, health?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">