• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vetobbo

I loaned $1,600 to my brother so he could get my dad's boat out of pawn shop. He said he would pay me back but he has not. He is now saying that the $1,600 I loaned him was not a loan but an "investment" because instead of paying me back, he spent all of his money on the clubs and concerts.
I loaned my dad $1,200 on my credit card so he could have food to eat last year. I did this because my brother, the one with the loan, took all of his money. Before I did this, my dad said he would pay it back.
It's been a year and all I got back was $140. They are trying to get away with paying me with only $5 or $10 a month. Because my dad never gave me a dime for his use of my credit card, I am faced with over $500 in penalties and late fees. My brother is telling him not to pay it back. I've asked him to pay $500 at the beginning of the month and I'll give him more time for the rest. But he said he does not have the money. Yet he had $400 to spend two days at Catalina island when one of my brother's friends.
I'm getting ready to be deployed to Afghanistan. I have over $2,000 in bills I have not been able to pay because I can't do what I need to do as far as work, because the people who borrowed from me are now refusing to pay up.
Do I have any legal claims? Or am I up the creek???
I just don't think its right they borrow over $3,000 from me and then claim they can't afford to pay any of it back when they are spending a thousand a month on clubbing and taking their friends to Catalina, Disneyland and the like. I think if they can afford to do all that, they should be able to make a substantial payment on the loan they borrowed from me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">