• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Soraka

Hello, I live in Texas and would like to know and further understand my options for this matter:

I used to live off and on at my grandparents so I had a bunch of my property over there, recently my grandmother passed away and the family had a falling out. A certain family member refuses to return my property to me, that I bought or that was given to me. I've tried to reason with them but they keep refusing. What can I do to have my property returned to me?

quincy

Hello, I live in Texas and would like to know and further understand my options for this matter:

I used to live off and on at my grandparents so I had a bunch of my property over there, recently my grandmother passed away and the family had a falling out. A certain family member refuses to return my property to me, that I bought or that was given to me. I've tried to reason with them but they keep refusing. What can I do to have my property returned to me?
I suggest you make a list of all items of yours that are still in their possession and send a copy of this list along with a letter to them (certified, return receipt requested) that states you will be by on such and such a day at such and such a time to retrieve the items. Then go to the house on that day and at that time, accompanied by a police officer if possible, and retrieve your items.

Good luck.

Proserpina

Do you have proof that the goods are yours?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">