• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my recourses regarding court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dreamaid

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My husband co-signed an auto loan for his nephew. The nephew was living with us and attending school at the time. He paid the payments while living with us. Once he moved out, he stopped paying and we have paid them every time the bank informed us he wasn't paying. The nephew's name is on the title. We found out he sold the car illegally. We heard the new owner sold the car for parts, however we don't know who it is. We have now paid the full amount of the loan balance. My question is how do we sue him? It is for $700. The bank informed us that when they last spoke to him, before the full amount was paid off, they asked if he knew what he was doing to our credit. He replied "I don't care" and hung up. He is now living back with his parents, who also don't care. We've tried to reason with his parents, we really don't want to sue him, but realize we have to as our credit was negatively affected by all the late payments. He is 21. How do we take him to court? What documentation do we need? We've never sued anyone before and any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dreamaid said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My husband co-signed an auto loan for his nephew. The nephew was living with us and attending school at the time. He paid the payments while living with us. Once he moved out, he stopped paying and we have paid them every time the bank informed us he wasn't paying. The nephew's name is on the title. We found out he sold the car illegally. We heard the new owner sold the car for parts, however we don't know who it is. We have now paid the full amount of the loan balance. My question is how do we sue him? It is for $700. The bank informed us that when they last spoke to him, before the full amount was paid off, they asked if he knew what he was doing to our credit. He replied "I don't care" and hung up. He is now living back with his parents, who also don't care. We've tried to reason with his parents, we really don't want to sue him, but realize we have to as our credit was negatively affected by all the late payments. He is 21. How do we take him to court? What documentation do we need? We've never sued anyone before and any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
My response:

Do you seriously believe that your question is unique?

**** Before posting a question, please check the Questions and Answers listed on the Home Page to see if your question was already covered or easily search over 320,000 previously posted questions and answers. ****

IAAL

D

Dreamaid

I have been on here for 3 hours attempting to locate an answer to my question, with no success. If you could direct me to a specific post or posts I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

D

Dreamaid

Didn't have to make chicken soup. Hubby waited until the neighbors were outside and the foul fowl were in our yard. He ran outside and yelled "Get my gun!" at the top of his lungs. The fowl scattered and lo and behold, as of the next day the fowl were properly fenced in and haven't been in our yard since!

Finally. I've found a post that referred to a book at Barnes & Noble about Small Claims Court. I'll go pick that up.

I can't stop reading. Some of the replies are hilarious! Also, some are extremely informative. Thanks for being here for those of us that need help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">