• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I expect at my pre-trial, from the LLC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

houstodl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a pre-trial date against an individual & a LLC ( private lawyer) in 3 days. My family rented a Florida vacation home in FL. We live in IN. 1 day prior to our departure for the vacation home, the supposed owner emails & says they suffered water damage to the property from a burst pipe. They stated we could have a 40% refund if we kept our reservations. We agreed. During our stay we had several problems with the home & the property. Such as poor air cooling on 2nd floor, clogged pipes, inconvenienced by waiting on plumbers for 2 days,inoperable boat lift ,motor malfunction on rental boat AND on the 4th day of our stay, the home's 2nd bathroom suffered a burst pipe. My family did the flood cleanup at midnight. I could go on & on about problems with home.
In a nutshell ,the owner/ broker then promised a 100% refund after all the problems. No refund was received . I sued the lady who brokered the deal. She posed as the owner, but I think the LLC is in control of the property.
I have all promises of refunds in emails, but I am worried the LLC has something up their sleeve. Is there anything I should be prepared for? I can not imagine why the LLC did not just pay the original 100% refund , since now there will be added court costs & travel expenses that I have added to the suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">