• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Would Constitute Proof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pgb205

I'm suing someone for hospital bills. What should I bring to court as my proof. I have a statement from ambulance service that I paid their bill and 2 cancelled checks for my hospital bill (came with my bank statement). would that be sufficient proof. I also have police report regarding the arrest as well as temporary restraining order and several other harassment reports against the defendant.

thank you very much in advance for great advice.

Proseguru

seems as if you have ample proof of costs associated with an incident. If you can prove the incident would result in the defendant being liable, cannot tell.

pgb205

seems as if you have ample proof of costs associated with an incident. If you can prove the incident would result in the defendant being liable, cannot tell.
thanks, but that's my question exactly. I've never went to small claims court or any other court. How would I prove that the incident would result in the defendant being liable.

Proseguru

thanks, but that's my question exactly. I've never went to small claims court or any other court. How would I prove that the incident would result in the defendant being liable.
These would be facts that support your cause of action. What is your cause of action and facts? I don't know, you don't really say.

pgb205

These would be facts that support your cause of action. What is your cause of action and facts? I don't know, you don't really say.
I was attacked by a neighbor right around the entrance to the building. called the police which came over and placed attacker under arrest. Ambulance took me to the hospital where treatment was administered. I later received bill from the hospital/ambulance services. My insurance reimbursed me for only portion of the bill. I'm suing to be compensated for the rest. Does that answer your question.

PS: Like I said i have police report, temporary order of protection, cancelled check from hospital and statement from ambulance service. I also have police report of the arrest as well as medical records from hospital.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">