• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Would Happen, Most Likely?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JSM RULES!!!

What is the name of your state? Washington

Hi,

My 20 year old sister recently sold her HP Laptop to a friend (being stupid she threw away the bill of sale) The friend agreed to pay her $100 every week but now says every friday and if she doesn't get it he will use it on saturday. In looking this up I found that it was not part of the original aggreement and she can not possibly get it every friday so she was willing to pay him $150 back for what he paid her ang get her laptop back but he will not give it to her. Any Advice?

BL

I can't make heads or tails of " use it ".

How much is the HP lappy worth.Way more than $250 bucks ?

If so and she refuses to return it,take it to small claims.

Although I've seen many people desperate for quick cash,sell items well worth more that what they sold them for.

Depends on the circumstances. If it was just a cut & dry deal with no other factors involved you could probably be awarded what the going price used would amount to ,minus the $150.

J

JSM RULES!!!

The laptop was worth $850. She offered him 2 choices to pay anytime during the week (but more than just friday) or to return the laptop and she'll give him $150 back. He chose neither and said if he had to he would commit purgary.

JETX

Sorry, but after reading and re-reading your post and follow-up, I can't figure out what your issue is.
Want to try again??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">