• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What would you do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Liz30yrs

TX, I need some help with a situation Im in.I bought a van in 2006 and now I am contacted by the police telling me that its was stolen in 2003 from this lady's ex and she wants it back.He was the one who had sold it to me.Well after all the wait to find out if I was in a scam,I get a call that the case was dropped and the van was officially mine.I was happy except one dumb move on my part when I bought it they had told me they had to find the title and that they would register the van till they found it.Well they did and finally I told them I needed it,so they bring me a certified copy,I didn't know the difference.Well anyway I go over to the ladys house to tell her and get the real title and she informs me that she went to some tx state courts and that she is not giving it to me till she gets done fileing fraud against her ex for selling it to me.I am pissed this rediculous,She just wants the van because she don't have a car right now.What do I do?Should I file a civil case against her or her ex inorder to get the van title?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">