• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who do I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rsterling20

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

my landlord kept all of my deposit and I am confident I can get some of it back through small claims.

Our lease was signed by the homeowners son, and my wife and I. We paid rent to an account they gave us and notified him via text every month when we deposited rent.

There were several fixes needed in the house throughout our stay. The father of the person that signed the lease dealt with these problems. He is the homeowner. There was some damages to walls that was caused by water damage, which he agreed we would not be responsible for. He also signed our refund check (4.56) which came from an account in his sons name.

2 months before we moved out, the homeowner hired a property management company. They did our move out inspection, and they determined how much repairs etc needed to be done and how much of our deposit they would keep.

Out of these 3 parties (son, homeowner, property management) who should I take to small claims court for my deposit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">