• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who does the snake actually belong to?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robin3760

What is the name of your state? AL

I went in to business with a reptile breader. He had this 8 foot boa constrictor that he had gotten from a lady that owns a pet store. The original plan was that he was going to try and breed the snake for her and she would provide the food for the snake while he had it. Then if the snake did produce babies she would get a part of the profits from him selling the babies.
Well, the snake never had babies and we never herd from the lady that originally owned the snake. She never provided food for it. A year whent by and the reptile breeder got out of business. He gave me the snake. I have had it about 6 months.
Now the lady finds out I have it and wants to all of a sudden try and breed it herself. She wants it back. She has called me and now is going by my work.
My point is I have had it this long and she has never provided for its care. She has said she would buy it back from me to cover what I have spent on it. I am not sure what I should do. She acts like I have to accept her offer. Neither one of us can get in touch with the reptile breeder now.
Does she still have any rights to the snake?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">