• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is intitled to the profit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JAYD

What is the name of your state? Pennslyvania

My one friend Erich gave my other friend Joe $10 to buy a Star Wars movie ticket in advance. However, a couple days later, after the ticket was purchased, Erich decided he no longer wanted to see the movie. So on opening night Joe still had Erich's ticket and when an avid fan came up offering $100 for an extra ticket Joe sold it to him.

Now Erich believes that the $100 should be his because he paid for the ticket so it was his property that Joe had sold. But Joe believes that Erich gave up his ticket when he decided not to go and that Erich is only intitled to the original $10 he paid for it. It's also important to know that the ticket would have been worthless after the movie was shown. So if Joe hadn't sold it Erich would have been out $10.

So who is intitled to the $100, Joe or Erich?

JAYD

lol, thanks JETX. I tried doing my own homework but when someone, aka me, has no clue about the law it's kinda hard finding answers. I appreciate you responding, though. If you could, though, why exactly is Joe intitled to it? If you don't wanna answer atleast point me in the right direction to do my own homework :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">