• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is responsible for phone payment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mken54

I currently have a phone bill that my ex's brother was supposed to pay as his final bill under my name. He is currently late in paying and has not responded to any of my messages about payment. My ex is claiming that he is not responsible in any way. However, I was told that because I met the brother through my ex, and he was added to my phone account because my ex wanted to help his brother; is my ex is responsible for the payment if his brother fails to pay. Is that correct? Where can I find more information on that?

AZ State Law info

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I currently have a phone bill that my ex's brother was supposed to pay as his final bill under my name. He is currently late in paying and has not responded to any of my messages about payment. My ex is claiming that he is not responsible in any way. However, I was told that because I met the brother through my ex, and he was added to my phone account because my ex wanted to help his brother; is my ex is responsible for the payment if his brother fails to pay. Is that correct? Where can I find more information on that?

AZ State Law info
Your ex's brother is who you had the agreement with. Your ex has no responsibility to pay this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">