• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who should send a demand letter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mysty147

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I am an independent contractor whom has an unpaid debt by a late paying broker i worked for for a year and a half. They are lying about sending payment due and i am going to have to sue them in small claims court in PA since that is were the broker is from.

I have to send a demand letter, my question is, should i pay a lawyer to write the letter and send it? Will this be more effective? Or should i write the letter myself and mail it certfied?

He is putting off paying me to "punish" me for trying to find work on my own when he has no work for me. I have called him on the phone twice and he has told me both times that the checks have been mailed, but i have never recieved them.

Thanks in advance

Mysty

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">