• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who to sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ghgky200

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi we are a contractor that did work for a management company which is a division/affiliate of a larger company. They have given us excuses about payment for many months now and I want to take them to small claims. Should I name the management company, the parent company, or both in the suit? Should I name any managers or owners at these companies? Thanks.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi we are a contractor that did work for a management company which is a division/affiliate of a larger company. They have given us excuses about payment for many months now and I want to take them to small claims. Should I name the management company, the parent company, or both in the suit? Should I name any managers or owners at these companies? Thanks.
Who signed the contract or who gave you the purchase order?

ghgky200

Who signed the contract or who gave you the purchase order?
An employee of the management company. She put the management company's name under "Customer Name" on our contract but I just found out she is no longer with the company. Her manager is aware of the pending invoice but redirects responsibility to the parent company's accounting department.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">