• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is the thief?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

map27

After working two and a half weeks at a new job, knowing I was on camara, I was accused of stealing money and refused my pay. As a new employee I made a air-head mistake at the end of my shift and placed the check out bag including maybe $60 in the wrong spot. I didn't realise I had done this, and nothing was mentioned of the incident at the time. Meanwhile I found myself being steadily treated worse and worse until a week later after harsh verbal abuse I quit. When I came in to get my last check I was shown a picture of myself misplacing the check out bag. I agree I made a mistake and feel I should be accountable for the missing money, but don't feel like this should cause me to forfit my entire 2 1/2 weeks of pay amounting to almost $400.00. What is my best recourse, and do I have any chance of getting any of my pay? I am in CO, let me know if anyone has ideas. I think small claims court is my best option but having no experience in this kind of situation I don't know. Also, I'm afraid this just makes me look bad, even though I never stole a cent.

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

After working two and a half weeks at a new job, knowing I was on camara, I was accused of stealing money and refused my pay. As a new employee I made a air-head mistake at the end of my shift and placed the check out bag including maybe $60 in the wrong spot. I didn't realise I had done this, and nothing was mentioned of the incident at the time. Meanwhile I found myself being steadily treated worse and worse until a week later after harsh verbal abuse I quit. When I came in to get my last check I was shown a picture of myself misplacing the check out bag. I agree I made a mistake and feel I should be accountable for the missing money, but don't feel like this should cause me to forfit my entire 2 1/2 weeks of pay amounting to almost $400.00. What is my best recourse, and do I have any chance of getting any of my pay?
what is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">