• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who would be responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hamper

What is the name of your state? AR

Back in September, I registered for a contractors test over the phone, and I gave my checking information to do a check over the phone for the fee. It was $75.00.

The company withdrew the money from the checking account, then a couple of days later, turned me over to a collection agency. The collection agency called me and told me that the routing numbers were incorrect, as had been the case with hundreds of checks they had done over the phone during that month. I gave the collection agency my information.

About a week later, I got my bank statement in the mail. That is when I saw the testing company took their money on January 6, and the collection company took theres on January 14.

Both are now saying the other one is responsible for refunding me the money. It makes sense to me that the testing company should be responsible because they have been paid by me and by the collection agency.

They both keep referring me back to the other, and I don't know what to do from here. Who would/should be responsible?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">