• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why am I being suied?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SaraAnn84

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

My ex boyfriend was charged with domestic violence for assulting me. The state pressed the charges(as required), not me. He is now suing me for legal charges... Can he do this?

justalayman

of course he can.

if you were honest with the police, he won;t win.

if you lied to cause him to be arrested and charged, get out the checkbook.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

My ex boyfriend was charged with domestic violence for assulting me. The state pressed the charges(as required), not me. He is now suing me for legal charges... Can he do this?
What was the outcome of the arrest? Did he assault you? Did you lie to the police and afterwords try to have them drop the charges, only to find out you couldn't?

Last edited by a moderator:

SaraAnn84

I dont lie. The police have pictures, I didnt even know he had left marks until the police examined me and told me they were going to have to arrest him. He was charged for domestic violence by the state of NH. I didnt have to press charges myself because the state is required to do it if marks are left.

Just Blue

I dont lie. The police have pictures, I didnt even know he had left marks until the police examined me and told me they were going to have to arrest him. He was charged for domestic violence by the state of NH. I didnt have to press charges myself because the state is required to do it if marks are left.
So how did the case turn out? Do you have a RO against him? Counter sue him for the assault and pain and suffering...Just because he is suing doesn't mean he will win...And if yuo will answer the question about the case, we may be able to give you an idea of the turn out...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">