• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wilhelmina modeling scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BigB5513

What is the name of your state? california

My girlfriend was recently wrapped up in the Wilhelmina modeling scam. They approach you on the street and tell you that you have the look. After two interviews they tell you to pay $995 to be posted as a model. My girlfriend signed something saying she knew the costs and that she knew what the business was. She was then told to call back with her decision. Although she was told not to, she put $300 down. It turns out that Dateline on NBC did a show about Wilhelmina last night and exposed them for the scam they are. I was wondering if the company refuses to give her money back would she be able to sue for the $300 in small claims court. If so would a tape or transcript of the special on Dateline on NBC be good enough evidence to prove that this was a scam. I am thankful she did not give them all of the money but she would like to get her money back. She is a working college student and $300 is a lot of money.

If you cannot help I would appreciate it if you could point me to somebody who can.

Thankyou,
Brandon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">